A HAPPY MIX OF SEO STRATEGIES FOR TOP RESULTS
The charm of search engine optimization lies in the challenge of properly combining different processes and strategies to complement each other and thus strengthen each other’s effects. And to make the magical mineral water from underneath the Styrian soil famous online, we had to do just that – discover that victorious recipe. Working on the ingredients, we quickly realized that bare technical optimization aided by simply adding more content to the site would never get us to where we wanted to be. For this reason, we designed the strategy in a way that effectively intertwines several SEO fields with content marketing.
We set the following as our main tasks:
- extension of the existing analysis of keywords and the competition,
- thorough content analysis of the website,
- optimization of existing blog posts,
- preparation of a content marketing plan (timeline included),
- additional user interface corrections,
- regular technical inspection of the website and relevant corrections
- obtaining quality feedback in all key markets.
TARGET GROUPS AND OBJECTIVES
Already during the website redesign, we worked closely with the client to precisely define the target groups and markets and, in accordance with the latter, the main objectives of our SEO offensive.
Content optimisation has been undertaken for all the languages in which the website is available. Localisation thus includes:
- German (with adjustments for the Austrian market),
- Russian and
When defining the target customer, we focused primarily on young and middle-aged web users who are, to some extent, already aware of healthy habits, but would like to regularly upgrade this type of knowledge, either out of a desire for prevention or to alleviate digestive disorders or other health problems that can be mitigated by the intake of minerals (headaches, diabetes, gallstones, stress, lack of magnesium, etc.). We wanted to offer these people a wide range of useful, exhaustive and authentic content to strengthen their care for their bodies and also to get them to efficiently include the drinking of Donat in their daily routines.
To measure our performance, we set ourselves the following goals:
- an increase in the number of keywords that the site ranks for in search results;
- improving keyword rankings;
- increasing organic traffic to the website;
- a higher CTR;
- a higher average position of the website for relevant keywords and
- an increase in traffic through “non-branded” search queries.
TIME TO TURN THE FLOW UPSTREAM!
Step 1: In-depth analysis and distribution of keywords
The initial keyword analysis helped us to gather basic content ideas and identify main problems with the site rankings. However, when we started working on the site, we expanded and upgraded it to include more relevant queries. We also divided the list of search phrases with SEO potential according to the thematic areas they cover (digestion, heartburn, bloating, immune system, healthy lifestyle, healthy diet, etc.).